Re: RFS: Planner (orphan package)

Josue Abarca <jmaslibre@debian.org.gt> writes:

> Wences Arana and I intend to adopt planner, so now we are looking for
> a sponsor for our package "planner".
[...]
> The package is lintian (pedantic) clean.

Fortunately for me, it's not algernon-clean just yet!

docs
====

Why are you installing the AUTHORS file into the binary package? That's
pretty much covered in debian/copyright anyway. Similarly, I find the
README fairly useless too, as most of the information in it is already
available in the debian package.

It's only the NEWS file I'd keep, and a quick glance through it suggests
that it's enough to put that into the planner package, -dev, -doc and
-data don't really need a copy, I believe.

debian/source/local-options

Erm, this thing is, well, local. It's not in the package in any shape or
form, so... why mention it in the changelog? (Or perhaps you want it as
debian/source/options instead?)

This is all for now. Other than this, the package looks fine after a
quick glance, and unless I find anything more severe by the time this
mail gets answered and I'm done testing the binaries, I'm willing to
upload as-is.