Re: Upload to stable-security

Hi,

Tomasz Muras <nexor1984@gmail.com> writes:
> I need to upload my package [1] from unstable (version 1.9.9.dfsg2-4) to
> stable-security (yes, it's already agreed with the Security Team). How
> do I name it for security upload? Should I make a new entry in changelog
> and with version like "1.9.9.dfsg2-4+squeeze1"?

It needs to use a version *lower* than what you uploaded to unstable,
for example you could use either -4~squeeze1 or -2.1+squeeze2 (as the
current version in squeeze is -2.1+squeeze1).

As far as I know, DMs can also not upload to security-master (yet) so
you need to find a sponsor for it. If somebody from the security team
did already ack your proposed patch, maybe he could also sponsor the
upload?

Regards,
Ansgar