Re: RFS: python-mimeparse

* Mathias Ertl <apt-repository@fsinf.at>, 2011-10-31, 11:30:
To access further information about this package, please visit the following
 http://mentors.debian.net/package/python-mimeparse

 dget -x http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/p/python-mimeparse/python-mimeparse_0.1.3-3.dsc

I'm not interested in sponsoring this package, but here's my very quick review:

Your debian/rules creates a temporary directory every time it's run.

Why do you repack upstream tarball? Please see:
http://ftp-master.debian.org/REJECT-FAQ.html

I'd delete Build-Depends-Indep from debian/control, since it's empty.

In debian/copyright, you don't need to repeat copyright information in the License field.

Upstream provides a test suite. It'd nice to run it at build time, using all supported Python versions.

Lintian emits two I tags:
I: python-mimeparse source: debian-watch-file-is-missing
I: python-mimeparse: extended-description-is-probably-too-short

Please consider joining Python Modules Packaging Team:
http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/PythonModulesTeam/HowToJoin

--
Jakub Wilk