Re: setup packaging project on Alioth?

On Saturday, October 29, 2011 03:29:56 AM Ben Finney wrote:
> Paul Elliott <pelliott@blackpatchpanel.com> writes:
> > Could someone write a how to on how to setup a packaging project on
> > Alioth?
>
> As I understand it, one criterion used by the Alioth admins when
> deciding whether a project is accepted on Alioth is that it is already
> being worked on by multiple people.
>
> I get the impression that's not the case for your projects, am I wrong?

That is correct right now. But in the future it might change. I read that you
don't neccessarily have to have your own your own project:
From:
> If you maintain collaboratively only a single package, you probably don't
> need a full Alioth project with mailing list and everything. You should
> use one VCS (subversion repository, GIT repository, bzr repository, ...)
> of the collab-maint project. Thanks to ACL, all Debian developers have
> write access on those repositories. For SVN, commit notifications are
> automatically sent to the Package Tracking System (you need to subscribe
> in "advanced mode" on the web interface and to activate the "cvs" keyword,
> check the PTS documentation).
>
> To integrate your package in the subversion repository, use svn-inject
> (with option -o to avoid storing upstream sources) with the following URL:
> svn+ssh://svn.debian.org/svn/collab-maint/deb-maint/ It is also possible
> to import all your previous changes from an existing repository into the
> collab-maint repository, see Alioth/CollabMaintImport. If the package is
> maintained by external contributors, it should be put in the ext-maint
> directory instead of deb-maint (it can easily be moved later if needed).

I am not sure I understand this especially the second paragraph. Is this an
option?

--
Paul Elliott                               1(512)837-1096
pelliott@BlackPatchPanel.com               PMB 181, 11900 Metric Blvd Suite J