Re: setup packaging project on Alioth?

Am Fri, 28 Oct 2011 23:52:45 -0500
schrieb Paul Elliott <pelliott@blackpatchpanel.com>:

> Could someone write a how to on how to setup a packaging project on
> Alioth?
>
> I would like to record the history of how I package some projects by
> putting my work in a repository. Maybe someday someone will choose to
> join in helping me with my projects. It would also help if it became
> neccessary to replace me, for someone else to take over.
>
> What is the standard way to record a packaging project on Alioth in a
> repository? Is this documented somewhere? I am look for some step by
> step document like the new maintainer's guide.
>
> I am working on a number of astrology programs that I hope to package
> into a form that can be added to Debian. I am tired of doing a cp -ax
> to provide myself a way to revert a possible mistake.....
>
> I usually use svn.

Hy Paul,

 - You need an Alioth Account and a ssh key
 - To create one Alioth VCS repository you have to be member of a
   project.
 - You can create your own project or if you only need a
   SVN/bzr/git/hg/darcs repository for package maintenance you can join
   the collab-maint project.
 - After you are member of a project and you have installed your ssh
   public key into your alioth account you can connect to one of the
   VCS systems (svn.debian.org git.debian.org bzr.debian.org
   hg.debian.org darcs.debian.org arch.debian.org)
 - The creation of the repository then depends on the specific VCS
   System.

All details are documented in the wiki:
 - http://wiki.debian.org/Alioth/FAQ
 - http://wiki.debian.org/Alioth/SSH