Re: RFS: python-pywcs

Am 25.10.2011 22:42, schrieb Sylvestre Ledru:
> Le lundi 24 octobre 2011 à 16:23 +0200, Ole Streicher a écrit :
> You have to join this project to get access to the VCS.

Sorry, I didn't write that: I already applied for a membership. I still
did not get an approval, but I am listed in the science team member list
at <http://alioth.debian.org/projects/debian-science/>.

Does this mean that I am a member (since I am listed) or not (since I
did not get an approval mail and I cannot access the git VCS)?

> If you want to create a new repo, you will have to connect yourself to
> git.debian.org and use the script in the debian science directory.

Which one do you mean and how do I use it?

Browsing <http://git.debian.org>, I found the
debian-science/debian-science-tools.git repository, and this contains
the scripts src/debsci and src/debsci-wnpp. The latter is for creation
of WNPP bugs, and the first says "wrapper for Debian Science tools", and
it looks quite generic.

I have no idea how to use them. Can you help me out here?

>> Another question: The science policy requires that I shall put
>> "debian-science-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org" as the Maintainer
>> and my own name as Uploader. But AFAIK the uploader will be replaced by
>> the Sponsor, so my own contribution authorship is not anymore visible in
>> the final Debian package?
> If I don't make any changes to your package, I usually leave the name in
> the changelog author. Otherwise, it is shown  in the content itself with
> [ ] around.

I would feel a bit unlucky when I would be moved from the front page to
some ChangeLog since I did most of the packaging work for these
packages. I would also appreciate if we can discuss the changes you want
to make and I could apply them because I need to learn about the
packaging process. And, I want to be kept responsible for the package
with you (or someone else) as a reviewer who makes comments and finally
decides about the inclusion, but does not touch the package himself. I
see this in the same sense as a review of a science journal paper, is
this the right picture of the mentoring process?

BTW, do you have any comments on my packages? Would you be willing to
sponsor all three (python-pywcs, cpl, esorex)?

> Anyway, the name of the uploader is still shown. See:
> http://packages.debian.org/sid/scilab
> or
> http://packages.qa.debian.org/s/scilab.html

Hmm. These seem to show the maintainer (Debian science team) and the
uploader (you in this case). An original uploader, or mentor, is not
mentioned there. However, if you would keep my name as uploader, I am
fine anyway.

Best regards

Ole