Re: git-buildpackage, dfsg-clean branches, tarballs and non-distributable files

Le Sat, Oct 22, 2011 at 02:36:32PM +0200, Jan-Pascal van Best a écrit :

> - the debian/rules get-orig-source target is supposed to build the dfsg
> tarball from the canonical upstream source location. That is, NOT from
> my own dfsg branch. Which is a bit weird. How do other people handle
> that situation? git-buildpackage could create the dfsg tarball from a
> tag in the dfsg branch, but this is not exactly the same as the thing
> the get-orig-source target does.

Dear Jan-Pascal,

the get-orig-source target was not designed with that problematic in mind, so
in my opinion it is acceptable to go ahead without.  In parallel, I recommend
to document in README.source the steps needed to update the debian source
package in its VCS following your practice.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan