Re: git-buildpackage and tarballs

Le Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 04:53:31PM -0500, Matt Zagrabelny a écrit :

> For those of you using git-buildpackage (gbp), I have a question I
> hope you can answer.
>
> I've got a source tree for which I am the upstream author, it is under
> version control using git.
>
> It seems like it should be possible to use gbp to build the package
> without having an actual tar ball. However, it appears that it is not.

Dear Matt,

if as an upstream author you are not using tarballs, you can use the format
‘3.0 (native)’. It will make a source package where everything is included in
a single tarball.  (As a side note, you can consider to use xz instead of gzip
to compress that tarball).

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy