Re: berlios closing; where should my projects escape to?

Andrea Bolognani <eof@kiyuko.org> writes:

> This doesn’t completely disprove your point, though. Truth is, most DVCS
> are no more different from one another than different imperative
> programming languages are, and programmers constantly move from a
> project using a certain language to another using a different language
> without too much pain.

Yes, this.

It's really just not that big of a deal.  I like Git, and since I like Git
I've learned a lot more about it, and therefore I know how to make it do
interesting things for edge cases.  That makes it easier for me to use it
more and more on new projects.  That's natural, and is just like with
programming languages.

But bzr is fine, as is Mercurial.  I've used them both, and while I'm less
comfortable in them, I'm sure that I could get the job done in either of
them.  I still use Subversion for some things, too (although with it
merging is sufficiently painful that I really don't want to use it for a
problem involving merges).