Re: dh --parallel (was: Re: RFS: lebiniou)

On Mon, 17 Oct 2011 16:40:43 +0200
Mathieu Malaterre <mathieu.malaterre@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 4:35 PM, Tony Houghton <h@realh.co.uk> wrote:
> > I think writing build scripts in a language like python is very nice
> > (autoconf is too slow, let's use python, spot the irony :)) but I've
> > found waf and scons don't really suit my needs. So I'm writing my
> > own which combines python with a simple and flexible concept of
> > make-like rules and dependencies.
>
> cmake does support parallel builds.
>
> 2cts

Do you mean in its (equivalent of) configure stage? cmake was on my
shortlist too, but I decided not to commit to it because its
documentation looked a little weak unless you're prepared to buy a book
which is quite expensive, especially outside the US. Additionally, I
think the fact that it works by generating makefiles would make it share
some of the drawbacks that brings to automake.