Re: RFS: manaplus

Hi Andrei,

On Sun, Sep 04, 2011 at 11:22:50PM +0400, andrei karas wrote:
>  * Package name    : manaplus
>    Version         : 1.1.9.4-1

I had a look at your package and have some remarks:

 * debian/copyright:
   * src/mumblemanager.* is lacking a required Copyright field. The
     referenced Format (http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep5/) explains
     that public domain should be listed here as well.
   * src/utils/base64.* is licensed under GPL-2+ or PHP. An explanation
     of what the PHP license is about is missing though. Maybe you can
     add that?
 * debian/control:
   * manaplus recommends some manaplus-music and manaplus-themes package
     i have never seen. Are they pending in another package?
   * The description is suboptimal. Maybe ask translators for help? I
     suppose suppose that would be debian-l10n-english@lists.debian.org.
     The first sentence is lacking articles "is +an+ extended", "on
     +the+ eAthena". Sentences spurious contain dots at line endings. It
     is mentioned twice that the game uses 2D. The description should
     probably include some relation to the tmw or mana package already
     in main.
 * debian/watch: At the time of this writing a new upstream release is
   available and correctly detected by the watch file.
 * docs/manaplus.6: The NAME section lists "mana", not manaplus.
 * manaplus-data contains empty directories. Why?

The source code is basically cppcheck clean (with a few fpos). The
package builds fine in pbuilder. The package is not lintian -I clean. I
have not tested the resulting binary nor examined the full source.

If you send an update to this package I encourage you to CC
debian-devel-games@lists.debian.org as they will probably be interested
in this package.

Paul, you asked for the difference between manaplus and mana. I'd say
that their relation is similar to psi-plus versus psi. In both cases
upstream could not keep up with the rate of patches.

Helmut