dh_python2: error: no such option: --with

Dear mentors,

  I am trying to use the new dh for the gdcm package, as seen at:

http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/debian-med/trunk/packages/gdcm/trunk/debian/rules?view=markup

  However this package fails to build with:

Unknown option: with
dh_icons: warning: ignored unknown options in DH_OPTIONS
   dh_perl -O--parallel
Unknown option: with
dh_perl: warning: ignored unknown options in DH_OPTIONS
   dh_python2 -O--parallel
Usage: dh_python2 -p PACKAGE [-V [X.Y][-][A.B]] DIR [-X REGEXPR]

dh_python2: error: no such option: --with
make: *** [binary] Error 2
dpkg-buildpackage: error: fakeroot debian/rules binary gave error exit status 2

  Has anyone seen this error before ? What do I need to do ?

Thanks much,
--
Mathieu