Fwd: Packaging php app/scripts

I forgot to cc the list:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Guido van Steen <vansteen@users.sourceforge.net>
Date: Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 10:00 AM
Subject: Re: Packaging php app/scripts
To: kuLa <debian@kulisz.net>

Hi KuLa,

> I forgot one IMHO important info there is no makefile for this project
> as php is not compilable.

How are you supposed to build/install the package? Can't you adjust
the package to have a - possibly empty - "Makefile.am"s?

> But package_1.0.0.orig.tar.gz created during build process is containing
> all files I need.

Package_1.0.0.orig.tar.gz should be a exact copy of the upstream
tar-ball. Therefore it has to contain all the files needed.

> cp: cannot stat `debian/tmp/src/index.php': No such file or directory
> My whole php app code is in src directory, so all files from this dir
> should be copied into package and they aren't.

It would be handy if you provided the contents of your package as well.

Best wishes,

Guido