Re: RFS: hiredis - Minimalistic C client library for Redis

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 12:52:57AM +0300, Andriy Senkovych wrote:
> Hello, Alessandro

Hi,

> Thank you for your work on packaging this library. I'm not a DD so I
> can't help with upload. However I use this library myself so I did
> some work on packaging too. Hope this little review will help you to
> get the package into Debian.

Thank you very much.

> First of all, the package is FTBFS. The package needs to have redis
> server (currently >= 1.2.0) installed to run the tests. There is no
> redis-server in the Build-Depends.

redis-server *is* in Build-Depends, and the package do not FTBS here (both
clean chroot and non-chroot). Are you building an old version of the
package maybe? Can you please try the version on git [0]?

> In all other aspects the package appears to be pretty clean, so I
> believe it's fine.
>
> There are some other useful files you may want to include in your
> package. These are pkgconfig file and CMake build configuration file.
> I attached them to this mail. You might want to generate the pkgconfig
> file as well or maybe propose both to the upstream.

I've added the pkgconfig file, but I'm not sure about the cmake one (where
should it be installed?). I'll ask upstream if they want them.

Cheers

[0] http://git.debian.org/?p=collab-maint/hiredis.git

--
perl -E'$_=q;$/= @{[@_]};and s;\S+;<inidehG ordnasselA>;eg;say~~reverse'