Re: RFS: mpg321 (updated package, 3rd try)

Hi Sandro,

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 03:26:39PM +0200, Sandro Tosi wrote:
> Hi Nanakos,
>
> On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 16:12, Nanakos Chrysostomos
> <nanakos@wired-net.gr> wrote:
> > Added '-K' option so the user can enable/disable the Basic Keys
> > functionality. This also resolves the 100% CPU problem when mpg321
> > is run by asterisk for music hold on.
> > Also added a new algorithm when playing files randomly until interrupted. The
> > advertised behavior is much better than the previous one.Thanks to Peter Selinger.
>
> IIUIC you're also upstream author: why didn't you released a new
> upstream release with those "2" (more later) patches instead of
> shipping them only in the debian patches?

Debian is always my first priority. When a package which I am the upstream author
is accepted to Debian then the next step is to upload that in sourceforge or my personal
website.

> Also, why do you split the -K change in a different patch for each
> modified files? patches can modify several files and still be a single
> file, with the advantage and being the only place to look in case a
> change has to be done.

Another DD has told me in the past that I had to split my patches in order for him
to accept my package and I should always work in that way for my packages to be accepted.

> Anyhow, none of this poses a problem for the upload, so I just
> sponsored it: thanks for your contribution to Debian!

I am glad for that. Thanks for your precious time checking my package.

Cheers,
Chris.