RFS: triggerhappy

Dear mentors,

I am looking for a sponsor for my package "triggerhappy".

* Package name    : triggerhappy
  Version         : 0.3.4-2
  Upstream Author : Stefan Tomanek <stefan.tomanek+th@wertarbyte.de>
* URL             : https://github.com/wertarbyte/triggerhappy
* License         : GPLv3
  Section         : utils

It builds these binary packages:
triggerhappy - global hotkey daemon for Linux

My motivation for maintaining this package is:

I've written this little daemon software to allow the global handling
of hotkeys. While many window managers offer such a functionality, they
require a specific user being logged in, having the focus and running an
X session. Triggerhappy observes the input device files provided by the
kernel and can react to pressed keys, switches and buttons even on
headless systems. It offers a few distinct features that set it apart from
the few existing solutions:

 * system scope

   There is no need for anyone being logged in, since the daemon
   operates on a system wide scale, allowing e.g. the regulation of
   volume while using the console or the login manager.

 * hotplug capabilities

   A running triggerhappy daemon (thd) can handle an arbitrary number of input
   devices; devices can be added and removed without restarting the daemon by
   calling a helper program. A udev rule to inform the daemon about new devices
   is included.

 * optional exclusive grabbing of devices

   While usually running alongside the normal X session, thd can grab devices
   exclusively when instructed to do so; this way input events from those devices
   won't be handled by other software

 * generating synthetic events

   triggerhappy can not only launch arbitrary commands, but also generate input event
   itself by using uinput. By doing so, thd can grab input events from a device exclusively
   while channeling or even remap selected input events

 * support of different modes

   The triggerhappy daemon supports modes, allowing one to define several sets of key binding.
   Modes can be switched on-the-fly using the th-cmd command line utility or a predefined key

Having this package uploaded to Debian would fill the gap I tried to fill by
developing and packaging this tool; I'm using it on my notebook systems to
regulate volume, as well as on my armel-Dockstar systems to control an mpd
media player, where it proved useful as well due to its low memory footprint.

Considering that there is currently no other software offering these features,
I'd really appreciate the addition of my program to Debian. If you'd like to
see any changes in the program or package, feel free to contact me.

- dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/t/triggerhappy/triggerhappy_0.3.4-2.dsc

Kind regards
 Stefan Tomanek