Re: RFS: denyhosts

I am not a DD, so I can not sponsor, but I have some comments.

> I have filed an ITA for the Orphaned denyhosts package and am in need of
> a sponsor.

Great. I use this package as well, so I like it that there is a
maintainer again.

> I have created a first package to update the maintainer for this and
> uploaded it on my own personal webspace:

If I were allowed to update packages, I would not upload one that only
changes the maintainer. Please also fix some bugs in the bug tracker
while you are working on this package. There are several bugs providing
a patch. At the very least you could review the proposed patches and
comment on them in the bug reports. If you decide you like a patch,
apply it in your packaging (using the DEP3 to add comments to the patch).

You should do well in acknowledging the previous NMU as is the custom.

Further, lintian informs about several easy to fix issues:

I: denyhosts source: vcs-field-uses-not-recommended-uri-format vcs-svn
svn+ssh://svn.debian.org/svn/collab-maint/ext-maint/denyhosts/trunk
N:
N:    The VCS-* field uses an URI which doesn't match the recommended
format,
N:    but still looks valid. Examples for not recommended URI formats are
N:    protocols that require authentication (like SSH). Instead where
possible
N:    you should provide an URI that is accessible for everyone without
N:    authentication.
N:
N:    Severity: minor, Certainty: possible
N:
I: denyhosts: possible-documentation-but-no-doc-base-registration
N:
N:    The package ships a .html or .pdf file under /usr/share/doc/,
which are
N:    usually documentation, but it does not register anything in doc-base.
N:    (Files under an examples directory are excluded.)
N:
N:    Refer to Debian Policy Manual section 9.10 (Registering Documents
using
N:    doc-base) for details.
N:
N:    Severity: wishlist, Certainty: possible
N:
I: denyhosts: example-script-uses-bin-env
./usr/share/doc/denyhosts/examples/scripts/restricted_from_invalid.py
N:
N:    This example script uses /bin/env as its interpreter (used to find the
N:    actual interpreter on the user's path). There is no /bin/env on Debian
N:    systems; env is instead installed as /usr/bin/env. Usually, the
path to
N:    env in the script should be changed.
N:
N:    Severity: wishlist, Certainty: certain
N:

That is it for now.

Paul