Re: RFS: polygraph

On 04/03/2011 03:36 PM, Michael Tautschnig wrote:

>> /* Web Polygraph       http://www.web-polygraph.org/
>>  * (C) 2003-2006 The Measurement Factory
>>  * Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 */

> Here you are in fact certainly lacking sufficient information, because (C) is
> not generally equivalent to "Copyright" under all copyright laws.

We will change "(C)" to "Copyright".

On 04/03/2011 03:52 PM, Dmitry Kurochkin wrote:
> I have looked at licensecheck. It matches the following regexp:
>
>   /under the Apache License, Version ([^ ]+) \(the License\)/
>
> Changing "Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0" line to
> "Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the License)" makes
> licensecheck detect both license and copyright correctly. IMO the
> licensecheck regexp should be improved.

I do not know whether licensecheck does some relevant preprocessing, but
the above regex would not even match the recommended raw preamble
because the recommended preamble quotes the second License:

> Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");

Since the stuff in parenthesis is meant for the following text which may
not be present in many customized preambles, it should not be matched
for, IMHO,

Cheers,

Alex.