Re: docs are generated on all build machines

On Sat, Apr 02, 2011 at 10:21:57AM +0200, Michael Wild wrote:
[...]
> I'd like the docs only to be built *once* on the build server, not for
> every architecture, since they are architecture independent and building
> them for every architecture would waste hours of time.
[...]

For the moment at least, architecture-independent packages are not
intended to be built on any build server, but should be uploaded
along with your source and the architecture-dependent packages for
whichever architecture you're uploading your original build. This is
signified by declaring the doc package "Architecture: all" rather
than "Architecture: any" in your debian/control file. See section
4.1 of the New Maintainers' Guide and section 5.6.8 of the Debian
Policy Manual:

http://www.debian.org/doc/maint-guide/dreq.en.html#control

http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-controlfields.html#s-f-Architecture

--