Re: docs are generated on all build machines

Michael Wild <themiwi@gmail.com> writes:

> In my case, I would need to set different configure flags depending on
> whether the documentation should be built or not since the default
> target also builds the docs if enabled.

Under what conditions should the documentation not be built?

> I would like to avoid building the docs (as opposed to just not
> building the package), since it is a pretty lengthy process.

You can patch the upstream build system to disable building parts that
you don't want to put into Debian.

But perhaps you mean something else.

--
 \     “I thought I'd begin by reading a poem by Shakespeare, but then |
  `\     I thought ‘Why should I? He never reads any of mine.’” —Spike |