Re: RFS: piwik

On Fri, 2011-03-04 at 11:42 +0100, Nicolas wrote:
> Hi,
>

> your package is not lintian clean !

Are you sure?

> W: piwik:
> executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/share/piwik/plugins/UserSettings/images/os/WP7.gif
> W: piwik:
> executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/share/piwik/plugins/UserSettings/images/os/W61.gif
> W: piwik:
> executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/share/piwik/plugins/UserSettings/images/os/W65.gif
> W: piwik:
> executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/share/piwik/plugins/UserSettings/images/os/MAE.gif
>

> You must remove execution permissions on theses icons.

I use dh_fixperms for fix permission problem and my lintian looks like:

$ lintian -i -I --show-overrides --pedantic ../piwik_1.2-1_all.deb
P: piwik: no-upstream-changelog
N:
N:    The package does not install an upstream changelog file. If
upstream
N:    provides a changelog, it should be accessible as
N:    /usr/share/doc/<pkg>/changelog.gz.
N:
N:    It's currently unclear how best to handle multiple binary packages
from
N:    the same source. Some maintainers put a copy of the upstream
changelog
N:    in each package, but it can be quite long. Some include it in one
N:    package and add symlinks to the other packages, but this requires
there
N:    be dependencies between the packages. Some only include it in a
N:    "central" binary package and omit it from more ancillary packages.
N:
N:    Refer to Debian Policy Manual section 12.7 (Changelog files) for
N:    details.
N:
N:    Severity: pedantic, Certainty: wild-guess
N:

Regards,
Fabrizio