Re: RFS: morse (New upstream release)

On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 7:39 PM, Nanakos Chrysostomos
<debian_mpg@wired-net.gr> wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 06:17:36PM +0700, Theppitak Karoonboonyanan wrote:

> Ok I should repackage it and produce a patch for this minor change.

OK. It looks good now.

>> OK. So, you can install morseX11.1 and morseLinux.1 without
>> patching upstream source. Just ship them under debian/ dir.
>
> I am using the same principle while installing the manpages as the previous versions did
> from the previous DD's.

That's OK.

>> > No I am not using them.
>>
>> You should. :-)
>
> Why should I refer again to a closed bug that was only for the adoption?
> The bug has already been closed and recorded to the changelog.

I thought you meaned you were not using the patches.
Misunderstood, sorry.

However, as you have dropped 4 patches from previous version,
and added one, it should be logged why.

Please also fix this lintian warning, as previously commented by
Scott Howard:

W: morse: copyright-refers-to-deprecated-bsd-license-file
N:
N:    The copyright file refers to /usr/share/common-licenses/BSD. Due to the
N:    brevity of this license, the specificity of this copy to code whose
N:    copyright is held by the Regents of the University of California, and
N:    the frequency of minor wording changes in the license, its text should
N:    be included in the coypright file directly rather than referencing this
N:    file.
N:
N:    This file may be removed from a future version of base-files if
N:    references to it drop sufficiently.
N:
N:
N:
N:    Severity: minor, Certainty: certain
N:

That is: update the license text from upstream COPYING:
  http://www.catb.org/~esr/morse/COPYING
And remove this paragraph from debian/copyright:

  On Debian systems, the complete text of the BSD License can be
  found in `/usr/share/common-licenses/BSD'.

With this two changes done, I'll do the upload for you.

Regards,
--
Theppitak Karoonboonyanan
http://linux.thai.net/~thep/