Re: RFS: (NMU) testrepository

> On Thu, 2010-10-21 at 11:28 +0200, Michael Tautschnig wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > > I am looking for a sponsor of an NMU of package testrepository. The
> > > debdiff is at
> > > http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?msg=15;filename=check.debdiff;att=1;bug=576957
> > >
> > > . The new version would be 0.0.4-1.1 and I have tested it. The
> > > maintainer has allowed for an NMU.
> > >

> > [...]
> >
> > Where exactly could we find evidence that the maintainer would like to see an
> > NMU? As this is not RC, I see no good reason to rush ahead without an
> > acknowledgement by the maintainer.
>
> Robert acknowledged me on Freenode IRC. If this bugfix doesn't seem
> worth NMUing then we may leave it to the maintainer who may then include
> this patch while uploading a new upstream version.
>
> Opinions?

Did he give any reasons why he doesn't simply fix this himself? It would have
been useful if you had at least included an excerpt of the IRC communication in
the bug report. Well, and even if he cannot find the time to fix it, couldn't
Robert just sponsor the upload?! Even though Robert is in LowThresholdNmu I
don't yet feel quite comfortable with this one.

Whether it is worth an NMU or not is hard to judge: The bug report has severity:
normal and gives no information whatsover of breakage caused by this problem -
it just says "this is missing."

Best,
Michael