Re: RFS: packagekit (ping2)

> [...] (lots of further info on packagekit)
>
> Well, I am a DD and in principle could sponsor such a package, but I
just
> lack
> all the know how needed to properly evaluate gnome-related packages.
And,
> as I
> already wrote in another reponse to an RFS some minutes ago, it seems
that
> nobody else reading the RFS on this list is currently able to do such
> sponsoring. Wouldn't it maybe be a good idea to contact the Debian GNOME
> Team
> instead? All the info is available at
>
> http://alioth.debian.org/projects/pkg-gnome
PackageKit is no GNOME package (it's not part of GNOME). There is a GNOME
frontend for it, called "GNOME-PackageKit". The PackageKit daemon uses
GLib, but that's all.
But as PackageKit is used (can be used) by many GNOME applications, the
GNOME development team might be interested in having this in the repos.
So, I'll write to their mailing list later, maybe someone is interested in
sponsoring the package.

> Hope this helps,
Yep, at least I have some kind of perspective for this package now. I'll
first ask the Ubuntu devs, then post on the pkg-gnome mailinglist.
Thanks!