Re: Uploading during freeze time

On Tue, 12 Oct 2010, Paul Wise wrote:

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 12:06 PM, Asheesh Laroia <asheesh@asheesh.org> wrote:

* Firefox 3.6 has faster JavaScript, which is the difference between this
page being usable, and it not: http://openhatch.org/people/. (Admittedly
that's a site under my control, so I can improve it; but there are surely
other such pages.)

Since that is a site under your control, please consider switching it
to OpenStreetMap instead of Google Maps.

It's kind of off-topic for this list, but that's a very good thought.

It uses Google Maps for expediency, but we need to change how that page gets rendered anyway, so now is a good time to see if OpenLayers (+OpenStreetMap) would work.

I added a note to https://openhatch.org/bugs/issue134 along those lines.

-- Asheesh.

--
Your present plans will be successful.