Re: RFS: c2html (updated package) [Highlight C sources for WWW presentation]

On Mon, 11 Oct 2010, Mònica wrote:

Dear mentors,

I am looking for a sponsor for a new version 0.9.6-3
of the package "c2html".

Hi Mònica,

Thanks for doing this! The best place to find people who are interested in maintenance on orphaned packages is the QA Team.

http://wiki.debian.org/qa.debian.org is supposed to explain what they do, but really http://qa.debian.org/ explains better.

So I suggest you send the same note along to the debian-qa email list and see what they say. http://wiki.debian.org/qa.debian.org/Join explains how communicate with the team.

Thanks for your contribution, and I hope the QA team finds a good way to use it! For your own sanity's sake, you can apply the same "Four days" rule there -- if you don't hear back from that team within four days, ask again. If within another four days you don't hear back again, please come back to debian-mentors explaining that they were nonresponsive.

That might sound like a lot of communication, but communication is what the Debian project runs on. (-:

Again, good work -- quality work like this on orphaned packages is hugely important.

-- Asheesh.

--
You need more time; and you probably always will.