Re: RFS: cppcheck, new upstream version 1.45

Hi Reijo,

>> Reijo Tomperi <aggro80@users.sourceforge.net> writes:
>>> New upstream version was released, so I made a new Debian package of it.
>>>
>>> I'm again looking for a sponsor for it.
>>
>>     Your package looks fine to me (as far as I have checked). Are you
>> aware of the freeze for Debian's squeeze release? Do you want this to
>> indeed go to unstable right now? Putting into experimental would be
>> another option.
>
> It fixes at least one segfault which occurs with old version (1.44) (No
> Debian ticket about it):
> http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/cppcheck/ticket/1944
>
> There are a lot of other changes (170 closed upstream tickets).
>
> If it is up to me, I would put this into unstable, but someone with
> better knowledge about Debian policy and rules might have other opinion.

I guess what Christoph meant is the following: if you upload 1.45 to unstable
you block this way for fixes to 1.44 in testing (and the RM will most probably
not allow 1.45 to migrate to testing).

You could upload 1.45 to experimental for now. This allows you to upload
1.44-2, -3, and so on which just fix RC bugs in 1.44-1, upload them to
unstable and request a freeze exception.

Not sure whether the segfault is a RC bug and whether it is easy to backport
the fix. Same for other issues that got closed in 1.45.

Joachim