Re: RFS: pipemeter

On Oct 4, 2010, at 8:41 PM, Kan-Ru Chen wrote:

> Hi,

Hello Kan-Ru, thanks so much for looking at it so quickly!

I've uploaded a version with some changes.. see below..

> On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 9:03 AM, Clint Byrum <clint@ubuntu.com> wrote:
>> Dear mentors,
>>
>> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "pipemeter".
>
> A few notes:
>
> debian/README.source is a template file, fill it or just delete it.

Removed.

> debian/rules has template comments that can be safely removed.

Comments removed, though I left the comment above DH_VERBOSE as it is
a useful reminder. :)

> debian/patches/debian-changes-1.1.3-1 replaces expanded $Id$ tag with
> unexpanded $Id$ tag. It seems you weren't generating the source
> package from original tarball?

Indeed, I had imported it into bzr where I used bzr builddeb. I've
added a .bzr/rules file to fix that and re-imported the files from
orig source.

> What is the results.txt in the docs for?

It was something I used early on to gauge the performance of pipemeter
on various platforms. dh_make must have picked it up. I've removed
it from debian/docs.

> Needs better short and long description. What is the input and output?
> Form the description I can't figure out it's a utility to show the
> meter of data passing through the pipe. pv is a good example for the
> descriptions :)

Updated.