Re: RFS: matrixssl

Hi

Dne Mon, 04 Oct 2010 11:57:44 -0400
zeus@gnu.org napsal(a):

> I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 3.1.2-2
> of my package "matrixssl".
>
> It builds these binary packages:
> libmatrixssl3.1 - small SSL library optimized for embedded systems
> libmatrixssl3.1-dev - small SSL library optimized for embedded systems (development fil
> libmatrixssl3.1-doc - small SSL library optimized for embedded systems (documentation)

> - Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable main contrib non-free
> - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/m/matrixssl/matrixssl_3.1.2-2.dsc

It would be great if you've mentioned some other details in the RFS
email - It is new package? Are you adopting it?  What is your
motivation to take care of this package? Does the upload fix any bugs?

Quick look at the package:

1. It is orphaned package, you seem to want to addopt it, so why your
latest changelog entry mentions NMU?

2. This seems to be quite major version update, are you sure you want
to upload this to unstable in freeze?

3. You dropped dietlibc support without single mention in changelog/NEWS

4. Manually creating postinst/postrm is really not needed, just use
debhelper.

5. Why is there another tarball and debian directory in .orig.tar.gz?
Please check how the source package should look like.

6. Ever heard about lintian?

I: matrixssl source: binary-control-field-duplicates-source field "section" in package libmatrixssl3.1
I: matrixssl source: duplicate-long-description libmatrixssl3.1-dev libmatrixssl3.1 libmatrixssl3.1-doc
I: matrixssl source: missing-debian-source-format
W: matrixssl source: changelog-should-not-mention-nmu
I: matrixssl source: debian-watch-file-is-missing