Re: RFS: roxterm (updated package)

On 04/10/10 13:43, Asheesh Laroia wrote:

> For anyone reading -- it's a bug where a terminal emulator isn't setting
> TERM properly. Kind of depressing, and kind of important! It's also
> basically a one line change.
>
> Also, as advice for the future, it would have been nice if you had said
> the above yourself. That way I wouldn't have had to go to the web and
> find out what the bug is about.

Yes, sorry. I've read more of the Four Days thread now so from now on
I'll try to add more detail to my RFS messages. Perhaps the maintainer
of the mdn website could add some comments encouraging sponsees to try
to expand more on the template.

> I have a Debian work night scheduled for tonight, but I'm swamped
> working on mentors.debian.net stuff. But this is a good thing to see
> fixed, so hopefully you'll see a sponsor in the next few days...? (If
> not, we're probably just all busy.)

Usually George Danchev uploads roxterm, but I think he prefers to read
my RFSs here than to get private requests.

> Tony's also being really snappy -- the issue was first raised (initially
> within Ubuntu) on October 1, and here's this RFS!

I didn't think I was that quick. But when I read Ubuntu were planning a
10/10/10 release instead of waiting until the end of the month I thought
I'd better get on top of it quick even if it meant installing Maverick
beta somewhere, because I don't want people to get a bad impression of
roxterm from such a serious bug on one of the most popular distros.