Re: ,deb library generation issue - more

2010/8/9, Zvi Dubitzky <DUBI@il.ibm.com>:
> Following my last mail about ,deb generation for a library
>
> My rules file is as below :
>
> I notice from the sudo pbuilder build ../*.dsc   printout that the
> install: target in the rules file
> was not called despite the generation of the 2 .deb packages
> (libvirt-dev.. and libvirt..)
>
> That explains why I do not see  the debian/tmp file formed under my
> library source directiory ( where I run the pbuilder from)

pbuilder runs on a chroot. It did not build your package on your
current directory! To test what is done copy your directory and run
debian/rules targets (clean build binary...).

> Can anybody explain why the install: target is not called  ?

It is called!

> Also: to change something from my last mail : When i transfer the 2 .deb
> generated packages to another Ubuntu system and try  to "apt-get install"
> them there they are  both not installed . The libvirt-dev package is
> installed form existing such library (older ) in /var/cache/apt/archives/
> , not from my libvirt-dev,  and the libvirt  package  is not installed
> with the message I supplied
>
> Any explanation why ?

apt-get install package from repositories! Use dpkg to install a local package.

Is not a little too early to try packaging if you do not know how to use dpkg ?

--
Vincent Carmona