Re: RFS: libsmf

On Sat, Apr 17, 2010 at 6:21 AM, Josue Abarca <jmaslibre@debian.org.gt> wrote:

> It seems that the symbols where supposed to be internal originally
> but they are documented[0] and used by denemo[1][2] (my another ITA)[2].
>
> Which could be the right way to proceed in this case?.
>
> 1. Keep it "as is" right now, and ask to upstream to clean up the API
> fot the next version? (to make clear which symbols are public and
> private).
>
> 2. Request to upstream to change the API (doc and visibility) and then
>   request to denemo upstream to update their software, and then make
>   the packages.

Both of these seem almost equivalent and seem like the right thing to
do. I would get upstream to clarify their intentions here before
putting the library into Debian.

> BTW, Denemo is already in debian, but is using an embedded copy of
> libsmf.

Thanks for the info. I've documented this in the security team's
embedded-code-copies file:

http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/secure-testing/data/embedded-code-copies

--
bye,