Re: How to find a sponsor

On 04/16/2010 10:24 PM, nikrou77@gmail.com wrote:
Hi all,

last week I send three requests for finding sponsor(s) for my packages :
libphp-swiftmailer :
http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2010/04/msg00196.html
phing : http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2010/04/msg00197.html
and php-simpletest :
http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2010/04/msg00198.html

I can understand that no debian developper have time to help me improve
my packages and finally upload them. But why anybody give an answer ?
Did I forgot something ? Did my package not valuable to be in debian ?
I cannot understand. If anyone can help me understand ? Should I find an
another way to find a sponsor ?

The descriptions of the packages that you gave at those URLs are somewhat scarce, but a truly interested sponsor would have gone for it. My suggestion is to look who is maintaining the most similar package to the one that you want to maintain and then contact that individual directly. Explain your need and explain that you think that this individual should be the person who is probably the one most interested among the possible sponsors.

Also, you may want to ask the DD closest to your home town to help.

Cheers,

Steffen