Re: RFS: lmfit - Levenberg-Marquardt least squares fitting

On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 11:14:39AM +0100, Wuttke, Joachim wrote:
> Dear mentors,
>
> I am writing again to ask for a sponsor for my package "lmfit".
>
> * Package name    : lmfit
>   Version         : 3.1-1
>   Upstream Author : myself
> * URL             : http://www.messen-und-deuten.de/lmfit/lmfit.html
> * License         : public domain
>   Section         : libs
>
> It builds these binary packages:
> lmfit      - Least-squares minimization and curve fitting
> lmfit-dev  - Development files for Levenberg-Marquardt library lmfit

It does not. Some quick comments:

* lmfit produced from your current source contains only documentation.
  (renaming lmfit1.* files should help)
* AFAICT, you are packaging a library => the package name should match
  its soname.
* the changelog entry does not close any ITP bug.
* debian/docs is an empty file
* manpages are not installed

--
Stanislav