Re: about debian/watch

Am Montag, den 17.08.2009, 17:36 +0000 schrieb Bart Martens:
> On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 01:26:24PM -0300, Rogério Brito wrote:
> > On Aug 15 2009, Niels Thykier wrote:
> > > You may want to look in the "uscan"'s man page, where there is an
> > > example of how to watch files on SourceForge via http://sf.net/
> >
> > Is there anything wrong with SF's redirector these days?
>
> Yes, see:
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2009/08/msg00255.html
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-qa/2009/08/msg00065.html
>

> > A package of mine has a watch file that I believe is correct and DEHS
> > was showing that the version of the package upstream was the same as the
> > one in Debian until, say, two or three days ago.
> >
> > Now, it shows this:
> > http://dehs.alioth.debian.org/report.php?package=avr-evtd
> >
> > Is there anything that has changed in the last few days?
>
> Yes, see:
> http://svn.debian.org/viewsvn/qa/trunk/wml/watch/sf.wml?view=log

I wonder, if the new file release system doesn't ease the whole thing?
If I check https://sourceforge.net/projects/$(project)/files/ I cannot
see, why we need this mirror-based search system(?).

The page itself lets us search for tarballs fitting the regex and we
only need to rewrite the download location (and could even use!)

downloads.sourceforge.net/project/$(tarball)

A watch file can simply use this:

version=3
https://sourceforge.net/projects/bluefish/files/ .*bluefish-unstable-([\d\.]+).tar.gz/download

The only thing is, that I have to fix the filename from "download" being
"$(package)-$(version).tar.gz". IMHO uscan should be able to easily do
this itself, when using

http://sf.net/bluefish/bluefish-unstable-([\d\.]+).tar.gz

as URL. SF is AFAIK still working on the relrease system, so things
might still change, but the new system looks much easier to handle for
us(?).

Regards, Daniel