Re: pdebuild, not removing build environment

On Thu, 2009-04-09 at 18:21 +0200, أحمد المحمودي wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Thu, Apr 09, 2009 at 04:51:35PM +0200, Gudjon I. Gudjonsson wrote:
> >     Sorry if I have missed something obvious but, in case of error during
> > build. How can I keep the pbuilder environment when I use pdebuild. I don't
> > want pdebuild to remove the chroot environment after the error occurs.
> ---end quoted text---
>
>   Well, the only method that I know is do a pbuilder login, then I build
>   the package (after manually apt-get'ing its Build-Deps), so:
>
>   $ pbuilder login
>   # apt-get install <build deps>
>   # dpkg-source -x <source package>.dsc
>   # cd <source package top dir>
>   # ./debian/rules build (or whatever)

A hook would save you all that trouble. I have a hook called C00Bash
which looks like this:
#!/bin/sh
exec bash

After a build (only if there's a failure), it'll drop to a Bash prompt
within the chroot, whereby you can head to /tmp/buildd/ and examine why
things went the way they did.
--
Chow Loong Jin