this bug/#436681- backuppc: Web interface password publicly visible

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 11:22:01PM +0100, sadia jameel wrote:
> hello dear
>   My name is sadia and i am student of MS(computer science).
> i want some information relating to bug #436681 that has been fixed now.
>
>   i am interesting in it and want to know  these following questionsabout it:
>   1- in which subpackage of "backuppc" this bug was present?
The source package backuppc has only one binary package.

> 2- what was the reason of this password publicaly visible?
ISTM that the bug log has all the info on this.

> 3-in which part of the code u have made changing  inorder to fix this bug?
> 4-what was the major changing that u have to do to resolve this bug?
I'd suggest to retrieve the diff.gz files of the version suffering
from the bug, and the diff.gz mentioned in the changelog that closes
the bug (3.0.0-4), then run interdiff -z ./...1.diff.gz
./...-3.0.0-4.diff.gz.  As it's the only change in the changelog,
that's precisely what the output should be.

On Wed, Apr 16 2008, 2008 at 14:22:51 -0700, BILAL wrote:
[...]
To get sources, run "apt-get source <package>".

Justin