problems autobuilding contrib packages

Hello All:

I am continually running into a problem with one of my contrib packages (ifeffit). Unfortunately it depends on two non-free packages to build (pgplot5, latex2html). Some of the buildd machines build this package without problems if they have the non-free sources in sources.list. unfortunately, a number of architectures do not include the non-free sources and for some architectures, it varies from machine to machine (arm is one of these architectures). I have requested the inclusion of the non-free sources but some buildd admins will just not include them and others don't even reply. This means that I have to build all the architectures by hand.

I have solved the problem for some architectures by getting my own build cluster (amd64, arm, mips, sparc, alpha, powerpc) but I just don't have them all.

Is there anyone there who has hppa or mipsel machines who would be willing to build and upload those arch-specific binaries? I would be happy to reciprocate with the architectures I have available to me.

It would be nice to have a long term solution to this (apart form convincing upstream not to use non-free dependencies), but I at least want to keep the package moving into testing.

Frustrated,

Carlo

--
Carlo U. Segre -- Professor of Physics