Re: RFS: xiterm+thai (updated package)

Now I get a FTBFS due to not depending on libxt-dev for
X11/Intrinsic.h, which is used by main.h and   xdefaults.h. Not sure
what changed since the other day, but please add libxt-dev to the
Build-Depends. Strangely the configure script did not fail, the
upstream Makefile did not fail and as a result the build only failed
because chown could not find the binary. Please get upstream to check
for X11/Intrinsic.h in the configure script and investigate why the
build doesn't fail when it isn't present. It looks like the return
value from make in the src subdir isn't getting passed out to the
top-level make process somehow.

Also, I think this line is wrong:

cd doc ; mv -f xiterm.1 xiterm+thai.1

It should be this instead since you don't rename it in clean:

cd doc ; cp -f xiterm.1 xiterm+thai.1

Also, when closing bugs that were fixed in an upload that was already
done, please use a Version pseudo-header. Sending a message to
438296-done@bugs.debian.org without the Version pseudo-header is
equivalent to marking the bug as invalid. I've fixed this by sending
"fixed 438296 1.07-1" to control@bugs.debian.org.

On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 2:16 AM, Neutron Soutmun <neo.neutron@gmail.com> wrote:

>  > I see several warnings with lintian -I, please fix them and I will upload:

Also, I about the lintian override about xiterm+thai being a setgid
binary, please ask the security audit people to look at it:

http://www.debian.org/security/audit/
http://blog.steve.org.uk/adopt_a_less_marital_tone.html
http://blog.steve.org.uk/when_the_day_is_through.html

When they have done the audit, please indicate that it has been
audited in the lintian override file and if possible add a link to the
audit.

Since xiterm+thai is in etch, if any issues are found you may need to
do a security update, more info about that is in the developers
reference:

http://www.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/ch-pkgs.en.html#s-bug-security

>  PS: Sorry that I'm late, just the water festival in Thailand (April,
>  13-15), a long holiday, a good time for the family :P

Looks fun :)

--
bye,
pabs