RFS: cs46xx-firmware

Dear mentors,

I am looking for a sponsor for my package "cs46xx-firmware".

* Package name    : cs46xx-firmware
  Version         : 0.1-1
  Upstream Author : Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>, Cirrus Logic
* URL             : ftp://ftp.kernel.org
* License         : unclear, but binary blob has been distributed with GPLv2
  Section         : non-free/base

It builds these binary packages:
cs46xx-firmware - Firmware for cs46xx Cirrus Logic audio devices

  main contrib non-free
- dget
  http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/non-free/c/cs46xx-firmware/cs46xx-firmware_0.1-1.dsc

I scratched this package together as I don't of any other way to help
and to have a working cs46xx audio driver in future Debian kernels.
Anyone with more knowledge is free to NMU, adopt, hijack etc. the
package if it makes the cs46xx driver usable again.

I'm hoping this package or something similar would go into etch and a
half release too, since the new 2.6.24 kernel planned to etch does not include
this firmware anymore. The current 2.6.18 kernel does include this
firmware, so this separate firmware package would help in the 'added
hardware support' feeling of etch and a half :)

The Debian 2.6.24 kernels in etch-proposed-updates and sid require
a patch from http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=464197
to make use of the firmware provided by this package.

I have tested these on my Thinkpad T20 with the affected Cirrus chip and
they seem to work. A module reload was needed once after a warm
reboot, but I have not been able to reproduce this. The kernel patch
should perhaps be more verbose and even suggest installing the firmware
package, but hopefully these can be fixed later...

-Mikko