Re: RFS: uniconvertor

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 9:07 PM, Andreas Wenning <awen@awen.dk> wrote:
> And here is the missing info:
>
> > * Package name    : uniconvertor
>  >   Version         : 1.1.1-1
>  >   Upstream Author : sK1 Team (http://sk1project.org)
>  > * URL             : http://sk1project.org/modules.php?name=Products&product=uniconvertor
>  > * License         : GPL-2 / LGPL-2
>  >   Section         : graphics

Hi Andreas,
I'm not a DD or a DM, but i while i was checking your package i got
these lintian warnings:

I: uniconvertor: arch-dep-package-has-big-usr-share 1668kB 87%
N:
N:   The package has a significant amount of architecture-independent data
N:   in /usr/share, while it is an architecture-dependent package. This is
N:   wasteful of mirror space and bandwidth, as we then end up with
N:   multiple copies of this data, one for each architecture.
N:
N:   If the data in /usr/share is not architecture-independent, it is a
N:   policy violation, and in this case, you should move that data
N:   elsewhere.
N:
N:   See also:
N:   http://www.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/ch-best-pkging-practice
N:   s#s-bpp-archindepdata
N:
W: uniconvertor: script-not-executable
./usr/share/pycentral/uniconvertor/site-packages/uniconvertor/__init__.py
N:
N:   This file starts with the #! sequence that marks interpreted scripts,
N:   but it is not executable.
N:

i would recommend you to check these, and try to make it work for all
the versions of python available (ie 2.4 and 2.5, now just builds for
python 2.4)
Also, take a look at DPMT [0]
And last but not least, Wait for a more experienced user to give you
an opinion too :)

[0] http://python-modules.alioth.debian.org/

Regards,
Mauro