Re: RFS: gnome-phone-manager

Francesco Namuri wrote:
> I've added it to svn, but I get the same warnings...

>> Also, lintian is complaining about a RPATH set to /usr/lib. I didn't
>> delve into it, but this seems like a real error.
>> Does it have a good reason to do it, that I failed to see?
>
> About this, I've no idea I check all packages with lintian after the
> build, I don't get any warning or info, I run lintian with -I -i
> always... :\

I've just done a second build inside pbuilder, with a clean orig
downloaded from upstream and the RPATH issue still shows up. Are you
using pbuilder? Are you sure your orig is not tampered in any way?
Which arch are you building on?

Taking a fast look inside the configure script, it seems to set RPATH in
many different cases, including the default when the build arch can't be
determined. In this case I would use chrpath to clean it after the build
and advise upstream to cleanup the configure script.

What do you think?

Cheers

--
Leo "costela" Antunes