Re: Ubuntu-to-Debian packaging

Giovanni Mascellani wrote:
> All'incirca Fri, 23 Nov 2007 14:23:54 -0400,  Jose Luis Rivas Contreras
> <ghostbar38@gmail.com> sembrerebbe aver scritto:
>> You just need to make the package accomplish the Debian policy, that's
>> all you need to do.
> Thank you, but I'm still not confident about how to deal with
> debian/copyright and debian/changelog. Should I delete them and rewrite
> like as I were making a new package, or should I just modify them
> (adding a new entry in changelog and a new paragraph in copyright
> describing that the package was ported to Debian by me)?

You need a new changelog for Debian starting from scratch and you could
adapt the copyright (if the license allow it) or just make one new.

Jose Luis.

ghostbar on debian linux 'sid' 2.6.22 x86_64-SMP - #382503
Weblog: http://ghostbar.ath.cx/ - http://linuxtachira.org
http://debian.org.ve - irc.debian.org #debian-ve #debian-devel-es
San Cristóbal, Venezuela. http://chaslug.org.ve GPG: 0xCACAB118