Re: Hello

On Nov 9, 2007 9:31 PM, Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw)
<faw@funlabs.org> wrote:

> On 03-11-2007 12:37, Albert Lash wrote:
> > I have a few PHP packages which may be appropriate for inclusion in
> > the debian repositories.
> >
> > http://www.docunext.com/2007/10/19/no-php5-readline-in-debian/
>
>         By reading this it seems that you are aware of
> license issues, if that's true, probably it is not suitable
> for inclusion.

Thank you Felipe for your response. I appreciate your help as
unfortunately I don't have the wherewithal to learn the debian way on
my own at the moment. I'm still not convinced there are license
issues, but I'll hold off on figuring that out until I've figured out
the basics to debian package preparation.

> > http://www.docunext.com/2007/10/26/nyt-xslcache/
> >
> > Can someone advise me on what I'm doing right and wrong in preparing these?
>
>         I saw that you have some URLs on the description,
> use the recent supported Homepage field. The other thing
> is that you should make available the .dsc and the .diff.gz
> and a pointer to the orig.tar.gz.

OK, thanks again.

>         The best way to get some feedback on your package
> is make it ready for inclusion, prepare it in a way it
> would be uploaded, than ask for feedback/sponsor, try to
> avoid a blog page about it, write an e-mail with the details
> and links.

OK, I'll do that in the future. I'll likely keep blogging about the
packages I prepare for my own reference.

>         There are sites like mentors.debian.net and
> sponsors.debian.net that can definitely help you get your
> package review.

Are mentors for developers and sponsors for packages?

>         You should also take a look at the New Maintainer's
> Guide: http://www.debian.org/doc/maint-guide/

I've perused that but found it overwhelming, but with your suggestion
I'll take another crack at it.

>         Kind regards
> - --
> Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw)
> "Debian. Freedom to code. Code to freedom!"

Thanks again Felipe, I appreciate your assistance.

- Albert

--
My Blogs:
http://www.docunext.com/