Re: RFS: Catfish

Hi,

On Fri, Nov 02, 2007 at 10:07:52PM -0300, Cody A.W. Somerville wrote:
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "catfish".

IANADD so I cannot sponsor your upload. Anyway some comments:

* debian/rules:
    - clean target does not work
    - unneeded debhelper comments
    - some unneeded spaces at eol

* debian/patches/10Disable_compile.dpatch:
    - Should contain your name before your mail address
    - Should contain a description, so that others can follow
      your intensions when adding the patch

* debian/changelog:
    - Hm.. Is "Reversioning for debian" really everything you did? :)
    - distribution should be unstable (see [1])

* debian/control:
    - you should use the new homepage field (see [2]) and remove the Homepage
      in the description instead.
    - the Build-Depends-Indep should probably be listed as Build-Depends,
    - Short Description is errornous. See [3]
    - some useless empty spaces at eol
    - useless empty lines at eof

* debian/docs:
    - what is this file for? It would be suffice to add the README filename to
      the call in debian/rules

* debian/menu:
    - Section Apps/Tools is not valid anymore. Thats the reason why lintian
      complains. See the updated menu policy, that has been changed as of June
      2007.

And last but not least:
You probably want to add a desktop file aswell. That would achieve a better
integration into gnome and kde.

[1] http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/footnotes.html#f35
[2] http://wiki.debian.org/DpkgHomepageFieldTransition
[3] http://www.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/ch-best-pkging-practices.en.html#s-bpp-pkg-synopsis