debian files in sourceforge cvs

Hi!

I have made a package for OmegaT, a computer-aided translation tool.
Unfortunately, it is not yet suitable for inclusion in debian, because
it depends on htmlparser which build-depends on maven2, which is being
packaged by the java team. For now, I plan to have the deb package
available on the upstream site, but as the final goal is inclusion in
debian, I want to ask you an advice.

I am working closely with upstream devs, and I am willing to manage
the debian files in the same sourceforge cvs. I understand that the
upstream tarball should not contain the debian files; OTOH,
sourceforge asks that all files in cvs should be released (and I
understand them too, it's free software). I have searched in google,
in debian wiki and in this list's archives and I have not found a tip
as to what is the best way to address both sides preferences.

I thought about making a separate release just for the debian files,
making clear that the files in debian archive should be used instead,
but it's a little ugly, isn't it?

thanks,

Tiago.