Re: RFS: python-syck (updated package)

Il giorno Tue, 26 Jun 2007 16:20:09 +0200
Thomas Jollans <thomas@jollans.com> ha scritto:

> Dear mentors,

Hi Thomas,

> I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 0.61.2-1
> of the package "python-syck". It was previously built from the "syck"
> source package which I am taking over from Robert Jordens (see my
> other mail)
>
> Robert had suggested to name the package 'python-pysyck' to avoid a
> transition in syck. I decided not to do this after seeking advice on
> the debian-python list since it conflicts with the debian python
> policy.

I'm not a DD, so take this comment "cum grano salis".

Why are you building python-syck as a separate package? Why not
editing debian/control in the syck package you RFSed a second ago? I
think it would be much more cleaner having syck providing python-syck,
php5-syck and libsyck, instead of having multiple source packages.

Have a nice day,
David

--
 . ''`.  Debian maintainer | http://snipurl.com/gofoxygo/