Re: RFS: codeblocks

Hi Erik,

First, I have to say that it is very nice the name you have.  My favorite!

On Saturday 23 June 2007 18:45, Erik Schanze wrote:
> I intend to sponsor your package.
Thank you very much for that.
This software fills a gap: working with wxWidgets in a wxWidgets driven IDE
made by wxWidgets.

> Why do you package a snapshot and not the current stable version?
Because the way they are working on the project.  They recommend the daily
build until they consider releasing the final 1.0.

> Did you check your snapshot if it will be stable enough for
> distribution?
I have been using it myself for more than a year.  They are working a lot on
the project but I don't plan to see my first packages going into stable.  But
being on unstable is enough for sharing this wonderful tool to Debian users
and to add more people to this project.

> What is your approach for picking further versions?
I intend to build another package twice a month until they release the 1.0 at
last.   Then following their releases.

> I found some points you should improve:
> - debian/copyright: list every single author for copyright, not only the
>   team name (go through every source file for authors list, not only
>   a copy of AUTHORS file)
I have asked the author itself for that.  He told me to do so.  Anyway they
try to give all the credit in AUTHORS file.

> - debian/rules: remove unneeded and add useful but missing dh_* calls
I will try to improve this.  But this is something I am still learning, not
yet confident.  :-|
I would be very glad if you could help me on that.

> - debian/doc: remove docs that are useless for a package user
I thought the ones in the project were relevant.  Please let me know.

> - add manpages for "cb_share_config" and "codesnippets"
I am going to see it.

> - consider to ask on debian-i18n@lists.debian.org for translations of
>   codeblocks UI
Very nice thing to do!

This is my first package and I intend to help the community as much as I can.
Debian is wonderful and I really would like to see it stronger.  That is why
I plan to contribute to Debian.  To help it be always the best.
Thank you very much for your time.

Best regards,
	Erick Mattos.