Re: RFS: mantis (updated package w/ security fix)

Hi,

On Wednesday 20 June 2007 04:12, Kevin Coyner wrote:
> I believe I've prepared this appropriately. In debian/changelog I
> set urgency to 'high'. I know this will get it into unstable on an
> expedited basis, but am unsure how to get the fix into stable.

It looks good, I've uploaded your package. A small detail I would change for
the next time: your patch under debian/patches also contains a hunk only
changing whitespace at the end of the file. I would leave that hunk out.

> I read:
>
> http://www.us.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/ch-pkgs.en.html#s-bug-sec
>urity-building
>
> and my impression is that the next step is to contact
> team@security.debian.org. Please let me know if this is correct.

It should normally be correct, but as it seems the security team has been
proactive about this and have already made an upload to stable-security
yesterday evening (DSA-1315-1). So that's taken care of.

You were right that you indeed would have to contact team@security.debian.org
to make uploads to stable-security. They mostly can also sponsor your upload
for stable-security if that's needed.

thanks,
Thijs