RFS: libsvg-perl

Dear mentors,

I am looking for a sponsor for my package "libsvg-perl".

* Package name    : libsvg-perl
  Version         : 2.33-1
  Upstream Author : Ronan Oger <ronan@roasp.com>
* URL             : http://search.cpan.org/~ronan/SVG-2.33/
* License         : GNU GPL, Artistic (same as Perl)
  Section         : perl

It builds this binary package:
libsvg-perl - perl module to generate SVG images

The package is lintian clean.

The upload would fix this bug: 429387

Moreover, this bug is blocking the ITP for libsvg-graph-perl, #429163

- Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian
unstable main contrib non-free
- dget
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/l/libsvg-perl/libsvg-perl_2.33-1.dsc

Before asking for upload, I need some help on this package. The
Makefile.PL present upstream generates some man pages, which lintian
complains about. In particular, those manpages are generated from
ISO-8859-1 files, while on my system I have UTF-8. Therefore I
substituted the "missing characters" with the proper groff escapes
(lintian suggested looking at 'man groff_char'). The problem is that
the resulting man pages actually _show_ the escapes, not the resulting
characters (i.e. show \[sc] instead of §). Is there anything I can do
about this?

Besides this, I would be glad if someone uploaded this package for me.

Kind regards
 David Paleino

--
 . ''`.  Debian maintainer | http://snipurl.com/gofoxygo/